HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Color Blind
Thread: Color Blind
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:19 AM
rugerno1
Spike

Default Color Blind

Anyone else color blind out there??? I am and blood tracking is tough on a good day and impossible most of the time. Here's some history - I tracked and recovered a deer for the first time last year (I'm 53). It was a doe (morning shot) and she opened up pretty quick and ran a familiar trail. After I found first blood it was pain staking to get to the next and I marked with TP the entire way. After about 10-15 yards she opened up, which made it easier and obviously she was close. All told it was about a 40 yard recovery that took me the better part of an hour. A few weeks before that, I did recover my buck (morning shot), but I had an idea of where I thought I heard him fall. While my buddy was tracking I went ahead and found him. This year I double lunged my buck at around 6:30 pm, found first blood, went about 10 yards and then the weeds got high, the light faded, and I was done. I spent about 30-40 minutes on those first 10 yards and a buddy came and easily trailed it to about 60 yards away in about 15 minutes. So, what do all you other color blind hunters do? A friend got me a pair of glasses for color blindness. I've tried them a few times, but they just don't seem to do anything for me. I hate to interrupt my buddy's hunt, although we do for each other happily, I'd just like to figure a way to be more self sufficient. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!