HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting lease stand sites
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:08 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

I find that a lot of people not matter what always think other guys are in better spots.

You also have to remember (I'm assuming) you are doing this because its cheap. You are not paying for great hunting when you split 180 acres 6 ways which is just not a recipe for much success.

We'd have to see an Ariel to decide if its even reasonable for 6 guys to hunt this particular 180 acres.

I probably wouldn't do what you are doing. I'd rather have my son, father in law, and myself on 60 acres than 6 people on 180 but again I assume you have gotten into this because its cheap?

It is very unlikely 6 guys will ever all be happy with and feel like its fair no matter how you do it.

Either way you will have to be committed to seeing opportunities the other five don't because even if you split "the good spots" dead even it sounds like that leaves you out half the time and it leaves those "good spots" way over hunted probably.

If at all possible I'd try to find a diamond in the rough of the leftovers and use nobody else wanting that spot to my advantage.

A mediocre spot you have to yourself is better than a good spot with 6 people using it.

Last edited by rockport; 11-07-2019 at 06:21 AM.