HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting partner - what to do
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 06:20 AM
huntingva0004
Spike

Default Hunting partner - what to do

Just some background first. This is my 3rd year hunting. My folks purchased about 40 acres so I started and have really enjoyed it so far

I have a friend who has been hunting a long time that I have taking out a good bit over 3 year, whitetail and turkey. He has taught me some good things and appreciate it, however here is a list of things that has been bothering me and its not enjoyable hunting with him because of
1. He took probably one of the better spots on land and would probably get mad if asked him to sit at another spot
2. We found a nice stand from previous owner, he took the stand to his other land and never asked
3. I had a nice buck on trail camera so he set a camera up and wants to keep throwing out bait
4. He wants to put a food plot out next year ( but near his stand)
5. He keeps asking to go up to land without me
6. Turkey hunting, he will not let me do any calling, because I suck right, and he is great
7. I had a chance to shoot a nice gobbler, but he wanted to try to call in 2 at a time to both shoot

We got into last week and he is mad, but I believe it would probably be better just to cut ties now. I don't want to lose as friend because we have been friends long time. Anyway just wanted to vent and get some thoughts

Thanks