HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice on base layer ?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 03:27 AM
EShoreMD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrbb
look at sales adn things on close outs or discontinued items
GOOD gear is worth paying a little more for, if it makes you able to hunt more, or longer
sad things have gotten so costly, but sadly what hasn't?

another option is, and its rather simple
wear what you have, just don't add as many layers till you get to your stand, and STOP often,m BEFORE you start to break a sweat,
by carrying in more of your clothing in a back pack, you will be less likely to break a sweat in the first place, plus stopping every so often, to allow a cool down, again, before you start to sweat, will get you in to your stand dry!
I have even gone as far as to change base layers at my stand,, then place in larger 2+ gallon baggies to keep scent down
then I have all dry base layer on to hunt all day
its not easy or fun, but if your on a budget, it can help you get by without spending more $$
and don't forget to replace socks, too, damp feet can get cold real fast and make the rest of you cold too

As usual mrbb is spot on. A few years a go I got a military duffle bag for carrying in my bulky stuff. It works great. I sweat like a pig. I go out of my way to make myself painfully cold before I get out of my truck to get dressed and walk in. Its all about not sweating, especially if your not going to spend money on good moisture wicking merino wool.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...4aAoRgEALw_wcB