HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best spot to hunt on this location.
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:40 AM
Wrb00
Spike

Originally Posted by JIMSWHIM
Hi,I think your in WI The way I would start to hunt this land is to go out at noon and scout along fields and into woods say 100 yards or so playing the wind as I go (mean in your face as much as possible). Look for trails leading to the fields you think there feeding in.Pack a light climber stand and try to go undetected.If say I find some scrapes or a rub line I would hunt one of those that night.If I find a fresh scrape ( one made that morning of the day of 1st scouting) I some times don't hunt the fresh scrape until the next morning.Maybe look for a spot along fields to put out a buck decoy but I bet you find some scrapes. Don't be afraid to rattle and grunt as bucks in Ohio are Pre rut right now.If you find many trails that go into one before it goes in the field that would be a good spot.If alot of people are hunting adjacent land find spots where deer will be pushed to you.Been deer hunting a while wish I could go with you to help out?I've been hunting for 45 years and have got a few . I love hunting this time of year best of all before the guns go off. Jim
Thank you for the info I'll use when out in the field.