HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Choices Between Accuracy , Power And Capacity
Old 10-22-2019, 11:29 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

personally I think questions like this are impossible to answer,m as there are SO many things that can alter outcomes in shootings and situations
then add in WHAT type of ammo is being used, the experience of the shooter, and I don't mean in how accurate they can hit paper
its a whole new ball game when things are shooting AT you, and NOT all folks handle things the same way , or as they BELIEVE they will when it happens
some 9 mm loads are pretty darn good these days, as are some 357 loads for sure
the questions comes down to any time HOW well can the shooter handle the better loads
you can use your example of the younger cop and the older cop all you like(not bash o hate intended here)
but there is a good chance that younger guy shooting all them rounds kept that bad guy in PLACE and allowed the older one to make just ONE shot
it actually IMO<means NOTHING as to what gun or shooter was better, both did different things in this example, be it on purpose or by just how the cards fell!
at 7 yards and under MOST all guns shoot pretty darn good groups even with most shooters, its CLOSE range and not as critical to smaller movements! that add up as distance happens, and makes smaller things larger!

SO< when you look at things with an open mind, there are many answers that can support either one

However, in today's modern world, all the video of so many shootings, both my law enforcement and civilians and military, and just being honest here!

I would have to say, most shoot outs revolve around a LOT of ammo being spent and few hits in most cases, SO< might be better off having more ammo than less?
NO one knows how they will react under fire till it happens and even then, there is NO way to know if it will be the SAME reaction the next time and so on!

just like hunting, shots HAVE to be in a vital to kill, and well, lets face it larger bullets seem to have more knock down
so when your looking at 9 mm -357, the bullet sizes are not much different, than say jump up to a .45

almost every caliber has been know to kill a human,
accuracy yes important, but so can cover fire, so can fast re loads, then add in control of the gun, how well can you shoot it, in weak hand if needed, or from odd angles and positions!
just a zillion variables in possible WHAT IFS
that there is NO answer
best advice is, shoot what ever gun you like, learn to handle it well in all types of positions and know how it works , problems can happen on ANY gun, semi auto, full auto or revolver or even single shots, just as a bad primer can happen, or??
again, just SO many things

I suggest just being more aware of your surroundings and hope you never need to find out WHAT gun will work better !