HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Sunday hunting?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 12:39 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I still say the problem is, it should be a public vote and as such, the majority of the public , is NOT hunters!
and since most don't hunt, they maybe just don;t care about changing something they don;t know much about!

IMO< if the state of PA< wanted to allow Sunday hunting, I would think and I could be WRONG, it might be easier if it was set up to be allowed on PA state game lands, as these lands were purchased with hunters funds, are designed for hunting, and as such,should have more say on what happens on THERE lands
and not be trying to pass things state wide on ALL lands, both public and private, which I see as a harder sale to the general public, again who is mostly NOT a hunter!

the problem here seems to be Most folks don;t like this IDEA< they(large portions of folks) BASH game lands and its POOR hunting, over populated, and rude hunters on them(or even go so far as to say there unsafe hunters on them, NOT all, but many)
I heard this from thousands of customers in my gun shop, at butcher shops I helped out at and taxidermist shops as well
Game lands, get bashed on a lot( I personally ha ve hunted some great game lands in PA)
and as such, most want prime private lands to hunt, or many SKIP hunting!

BUT if HUNTERS truly wanted Sunday hunting, pushing for it in GAME LANDS, would be a better route to try IMO< than trying to pass it state wide on ALL lands,
and then down the road, if things work well, and no safety issue's or??
THEN try and pass it state wide
small steps, might work out better

as is, I think its still a few generations deep yet in it NOT passing state wide, being realistic here, as I am neutral on it, could care less either way!