HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Our moose hunt went well today!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 03:08 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
They sure look big to me Phil!

How were you able to get it out whole? And is that a requirement in Maine? Or are you allowed to quarter them and pack them out?

-Jake
we are allowed to pack them out as long as we notify the game warden and explain the reason. They really don’t mind but do need to know. That’s because of poachers and the like and they won’t be chasing down a legal kill. But, there’s a lot of us that are still old fashion and enjoy seeing them get weighed and the like. Most all our game is weighed dressed out. So the 851.5 pounds is dressed weight.

We called my niece who’s boy friend has an old Jeep with skid plates under it. I had him drive down a skidder trail as close as he could and turn it around. Then run ropes to it and a pulley to help get it by trees. Then once in the skidder road shorten the ropes up. We also wrapped one antler with some of the rope. When pulled the head turned allowing the antlers to run up and down. The rope tied on the antler cause that one to tip slightly upwards on the end. Then got the moose into a rut made by those big skidder tires and it was pulled all the way out like that.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-19-2019 at 03:17 AM.