HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What’s wrong with my trail cam??
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Hereforthehogs
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
are you 100% sure nothing ios in the way of the lens?
like a leaf maybe fell, or s stick and then,. was out of way when you go check it?
it happens
normally when I get them shade color like pictures, its normally in the transition of day time to dark pic';s, low sunlight , extra cloudy days
I have had that happen on a few dozen camera's from 35 mm film one's to digital one's, from CHEAP cam's to HIGH end one's

some times it just happens is MY best answer, its a lighting issue IMO , when the conditions and stars align they get some pink or purple to them?

NOW If your getting a HIGH percentage of pic's like that, my guess is something is wrong with camera, maybe camera was drooped a few too many times, rode some place with too many vibrations or??
doesn't have to have happened while you own it, could have happened any time from it left factory y to you bought it!
electronic's don;t like being drooped much all the more so IMO with camera's

I have a High end camera, worked great for 5 yrs, then one day, it fell off bottom step(a whole 10 inches) never worked right since>
out of warranty, and just sucks, was a great camera!
Its happened during both early morning and during the early afternoon when there is plenty of light. There isn’t anything in front of the camera because I will then get photos later that are perfectly fine. And I have it on a tree that has no branches anywhere near it. Now that I’ve been thinking about it, it could be from the IR filter moving back away from the lense but it happens too slow so that’s why I see part black over the photo.