HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Goggles For my Mountaineer
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Congratulations!

You're going to like that scope.. I have the same, short of mine is a 50mm and MOAR. I also used the Mark4 rings, lapping them.
Although heavy, they're built like a TANK! It will take abuse well beyond what any other scope would take.
I’m Looking forward to it That New Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 FAILED Miserably to Hold Zero, That’s why I haven’t been shooting my Mountaineer in quite sometime, It made it 2 outings and went Tits. Me and Vortex came to the End of the Rd, I have had BAD Luck with their Stuff, it’s doubtful i will ever own anything else of theirs. It wasn’t like That Vortex Viper i had was Cheap, I bought the FFP Model, I got mine on Sale for 800.00, They normally Sell for 1,000 Bucks.

I just Switched gears on Rings, I ended up going with Nightforce 1.125s, I LOVE my Steel Mark 4s, My mediums at .084 are just a little to Short for this Nightforce with 56MM Bell, I am confident the Mark 4 High’s at 1.06 Would Work fine, But I would feel more comfortable Stepping up a Little bit more. It’s a Shame That Leupold doesn’t offer a Mark 4 Steel Ring in between the High and Super High, There is a REALLY BIG Gap there, 1.06 to 1.5” Nightforce offers a few more Heights to Fill that Gap

Last edited by Idaholewis; 10-12-2019 at 04:56 AM.