HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Almost time..
Thread: Almost time..
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

<div style="text-align:left;">I went out scouting today and checked out a new area in case we need it. I am glad that I did. I talked with some woodcutters and they told me where they have been seeing a few when driving in and out of work. One area that they are cutting in has a massive bull hanging around it. They said that we should be hunting it. I informed them that I can’t with the cutting activities going on in there. They told me to anyway and besides they will not be in there come next week as they are finishing up right now. So it sounds good anyway. Also this is going to be a hard hunt as the wood cutting practices have changed from years past. Also we are loosing our yearlings every spring because of ticks. This spring alone according to the local warden that just over twenty yearlings were investigated after dying from them. Also he told me that the zone we have is one of the harder ones to hunt in. The lowest success rate is from there. But I am still confident as I have seen a couple of them and hopefully next week will be able to get one of them. Here’s a couple of pictures of the country I have been traveling into .</div>
Attached Images       

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-09-2019 at 03:49 PM.