HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Green Mountain .50 Cal Roundball Barrel Test
Old 10-07-2019, 05:15 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

!!WARNING!! This Setup is NOT Worth a Darn in Really Low light Hunting situations, In Certain low light conditions it can be impossible to See these Ultra Fine Lee Shaver inserts. Remember, they are enclosed in a DARK TUNNEL to Boot (The Globe itself) I consider this a MUCH Better TARGET/BENCH Rest Shooting Setup in Decent, to Good Light. For Hunting you are probably better off with a Fine Fiber Optic bead in the “Open” Of Course this is a matter of Personal Preference, But i feel it’s important that people understand, before they Buy a Globe, and Ultra Fine Target inserts such as Lee Shaver’s, to find out that they are Blind in Low Light.

And here I explain exactly what i am looking for (Sight picture) This right here is PRECISELY How i am able to Shoot Peep sights as well as i can, Without this Setup i would be LOST! A Regular Bead front sight is HUGE, i would be lucky to Hit a Pie Plate at 100 Yards. BUT with the Shaver’s inserts i can aim at a Gallon Milk Jug, i can actually Hold on the Cap of a Milk Jug!! Again, this Setup is PRECISELY how i am able to Shoot Open/Peep Sights as well as i Do