HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Green Mountain .50 Cal Roundball Barrel Test
Old 10-07-2019, 04:48 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Those patches look much better. What insert are you using on your globe sight Lewis? I just put the crosshair one in mind for bullet testing but its too fine for hunting with. Then I normally use just the straight post.
Are you using the Lee Shaver 17 Inserts, or the Stock Lyman inserts that come with the Globe? I personally Scrap the Stock inserts that come with the Lyman Globes, They are WAY to BIG N BULKY. I use Lee Shaver inserts as they are Ultra fine and allow a Much finer, detailed Sight picture.

Lee Shaver’s Beads in the Middle and Far left, Lyman on the Right. No Comparison!! For hunting i prefer the Middle Shaver’s Bead, and the RARE Occasion that i Target Shoot with a Bead i prefer the Ultra Fine bead on the Far left. The Lyman on the Right belongs in the Garbage

Here are my Shaver’s Circle Inserts, these are what i use EXCLUSIVELY for Target/Bench Shooting. The key to using these is also shooting at a Round Bullseye Target, take the Time to Swap out the Circle inserts until you find a “Match” and are getting the Best possible Sight picture for YOUR Eye, it doesn’t matter if the Target is 50, or 1,000 Yards there will be a Circle insert that Just “Looks right” when you settle in on the Target.