HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Sunday hunting?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 12:57 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

trespassing is my biggest issue with folks in PA< and how weak the laws are on and , worse how the law enforcement doesn't seem to care or make much of an effort
another thing that gets me, is the GAME WARDENS, refuse to enforce it stating its NOT there job(sorry Oltimer)
BUT quite honestly a game warden has every law enforcement rights of any cops they give you a DUI< and hold you for a speeding ticket, SO< legally THEY can enforce trespassing if they wished to,
they just don;'t want the hassle!
and a shame, as I am positives if they did so, a LOT more land owners would be on there side and like them more period!

I truly wish ALL people, NOT Just hunters
on private lands, would HAVE to have written permission slips on them and be held accountable if NOT, and enforced by ALL law enforcement agency's! it would sure simplify things IMO
and make the state a LOT of extra cash, heck, let what ever dept that gets them get the profits from the fines, as a incentive to stop these folks!
as for me, its not just trespassing in hunting season its a all yr deal, with folks walking, riding ATv's, and just wandering lands they have NO right being on, yet when confronted they ALL act like they own the land and get aggressive real fast when you tell them to leave or there trespassing, as if its MY job to tell grow adults there NOT on land they have access to
Please folks , be responsible for your OWN were about, don't require someone else to tell you you DON"T have permission to be there
its NOT rocket science
you either KNOW you can be there or you DON"T!

and please show some respect too when your in the wrong, !
if you DON"T know , DON"T go on lands!
and if you wish to go, ask for permission FIRST, and don't wait till a few days before hunting season or IN hunting season, show's again a lack of responsibility, and many land owners don't want folks that cannot pre plan to ask on there lands!

NOW< back to sunday hunting
I am a guy that likes NO hunting on Sunday, But I can see why many would want it, and as such, I think, the most fair way to decide is to have a vote on it, open to the residents of PA, as it does effect more than just hunters!

sadly though I think it will come down to $$$< more money in more days hunting, so, Sunday hunting will most likely happen sooner or later?
still rather see it decided in a vote to residence , but? ain't counting on that being the deciding factor!