HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pop up blinds??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 08:21 AM
ampahunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pop up blinds??

I've got the Double Bull T5 BBPS. I've used it for turkey, moose, deer and duck hunting--as there's also a zipper in the roof. The blind weights about 17 pounds has a carrying case and strap and can be thrown over the shoulder, supported by your back and your hands are still free for carrying other gear. It's mostly water proof, but avoid rubbing the inside during heavy showers as water will drip from that area. Water proofing the outside improves this condition greatly.

As well as the Ameristep there's also the Game Tracker, almost a 'copy cat' of the Double bull, (game tracker), but in the game tracker, the support 'cross rods' for one of the sides were replaces with vertical locking rods at the two corners, which collapses by itself at times and the blind then implodes. This is because the Game tracker has placed the door opening on a side, limiting the ability to use the cross rods (X) as compared to the double bull, that has all four sides and the roof X-supported, and has the access to the blind (double bull) in a corner.
For a blind that will be with you for a long time--I would spend the money and go for the Double bull, in my opinion it's worth the investment.