HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is 6.5 all it’s cracked up to be for whitetail hunting?
Old 09-17-2019, 05:23 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=Bocajnala;4361356]
Originally Posted by mrbb

And for the record, I'll likely never own a Creed. Or a .308 for that matter. The 7mm-08, .300 Savage and .25-06 fill those roles for me and I never see myself needing, or wanting a Creed.

But I don't think it's fair to discredit it because some body in a marketing department is REALLY good at their job.

​​​​​​
-Jake
HAHA< and mean this light heartly, no offence meant

but you made a lot of effort to justify this caliber
I own a few hundred rifles and shotguns
so I get the view, that life isn;t about only needing one, and options are nice to have
YOU can say what you like' but the facts are the differences in this caliber and many like it are SMALL, there not huge leaps and bounds on things
SO< what makes them sell a LOT of them
when so many others are so close in things
Marketing
as if folks ONLY stuck with one rifle, the OEM's would all go under, they need to make things exciting and keep sales flowing
like it or not, it is marketing and hype that makes sales
all the more so today where everyone seems to want to be the cool kid with"X" item!
and so impressed with marketing and why big business spend so much money ion it!

I also wasn't comparing the caliber to a HD truck
I was saying this caliber like other calibers, and LIKE wheels of different sizes, really didn;t make the HUGE differences marketing made them out to do
it was about making sales again and SURE there are some FACTS that back up the NEW ITEM
but its NOT like there isn't things darn close to them
would one NEED to jump ship to have a 6.5 creedmore over hat they maybe already have
will a deer know its any deader being shot with a 6.5 creedmore over a different rifle caliber
NO
will most owners use a caliber like this to what it can really DO
NO
when most deer are kill at or under a 100 yards
how efficient of a caliber do you need?
is it marketing or HYPE
we all can make that call IMO
I say more hype and marketing than anything great it t does over other calibers!
shooting far is a skill and knowing your rifle, caliber and many other things and making proper adjustments to it
NO different than you will have to do with this caliber!
anyone that gets into shooting a LOT of ammo down range, most likely isn't saving ALL that much money or caring about doing so, to REAP any HUGE rewards on this caliber either!
good equipment is never cheap, and not a sport that is catering towards anyone of lower income
as they want to play with the big boys, and you need a larger wallet to do so, just life!
and BACK to marketing and sponsorship, and selling a "X" so they buy more,?
more shooters using "X" sells more "X's!