HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter: How do I Actually Get a Deer?
Old 09-15-2019, 06:06 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

This sounds like one of those semantics things. We tell people a lot of things and oft times we are trying to teach them or at least pass some wisdom on. It's not always successful or even desired but in this case, the OP did ask for more tips and tactics that he can use. I imagine if he tries everything suggested in this topic, he will be kinda busy for a while and then have a lot more questions. The fact that he's asking makes me think he wants to learn. Maybe he doesn't have a mentor or somebody to show him the ropes where he lives. I believe somebody above even suggested how he might find a mentor. He probably won't do everything perfectly the first time he tries things but he will know what he's doing and why and should be able to adjust as needed. Best of all, he lives on the property so will be able to hunt every single day of deer season and scout every day of the off season. That in itself should be quite an education.