HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ear Protection???
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 05:49 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lsv_palana
Tinitus in my ears for 6 years. It was like hell when it starts.. now i live with it very good ... i have visited a lot of doctors, even world famous doctors.. all of them says - you can not get rid of this noise and i will live with tinitus all you life. That answer helps me. Now i dont care about tinitus.. Do not wear ear protector. Noise in my ears doesnt get louder.
A lot of truth in that. There are some OTC meds that can help but nothing seems to take it away. After a while, however, you learn to ignore it or not think about it. I don't know that it can't get worse as I've been pretty diligent at protecting the hearing that I have left. I do know that i can still get a ringing in my ears if I don't use hearing protection when shooting.

For hunting, I use Walker's Game Ears. They help you hear more sounds around you and seem to work okay for rifles and shotguns that aren't ported. I don't own a ported rifle or shotgun so cannot speak to how well they work for them. I do know that they don't quite cut if for shooting a centerfire pistol. I don't currently hunt with a pistol so that's not a problem. When I'm on the range or target shooting, I still use electronic ear muffs.