HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lehigh .458x260 CF Sabotless in the Rock Pit
Old 08-26-2019, 01:57 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well Sabot you can't complain about those ballistics. They're better than what I'm getting out of my little Marlin Guide Gun in .45-70! And my load is a proven bear slayer. But in addition to having better ballistics, your rifle is more accurate. Between you and Lewis you're both like the devil - you keep tempting me to buy one of these Knights!
Everyone better start watching the classifieds come next month. I just may have some goodies on there at decent prices.
What really kinda got me thinking was when I was shooting @ 100 - just for the heck of it I put the a clay pigeon out in the snow at 200 yards. When I shot at it was totally surprised I was only a couple inches low - right on left/right

That prompted me to shoot and get muzzle velocity and 100 yd. velocity - from that I was able to compute the BC of the bullet. When I ran the ballistic sheet - well dang! it was really close to what I was experiencing.

This a hundred yard target shot with a 1-20 twist bore. They really shoot pretty good!

Last edited by sabotloader; 08-26-2019 at 04:07 PM.