HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - World Record Elk (high fence?) in Idaho 545"
Old 08-22-2019, 07:23 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Paying to hunt private land and paying to hunt a high fence are two very different things. Although very large tracts of land can be closely managed... It's still different than a high fence operation.

As for you not being able to afford it... And it not being fair......? I don't know what to tell you. Your finances have nothing to do with anybody else's hunt.

Get a better job. There's plenty out there that I can't afford. But good for those who can. Ain't a reason to cry unfair.

I'd like a new truck. I could work more hours or get a second job and get a new truck. I'll keep driving my 11 year old paid off truck though, while saving cash to buy a better one eventually... And won't whine that it's unfair that I "have" to drive an old truck.

To answer the op (old thread) ... Yes I think records should differentiate between high fence and fair Chase. But I don't think public land vs private land matters. Fair Chase is fair Chase.

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 08-22-2019 at 07:28 PM.