HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp rabbit/hogs
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 08:59 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I would not use a 410 for hogs..I shot one with 12 guage buckshot at 10 yds,,{ a 60 lb sow} ,and it kept running..I slipped in a slug and dropped it..when I cleaned it it had broken ribs from the buckshot..but the hogs have a thick shield on the side..most take a head shot with a rifle..

I sincerely doubt if you will find a cottontail ..I've hunted rabbit a lot up north but have never flushed one in the Green Swamp and I've hunted it alot..YOu can see them driving in sometimes but never in the daytime..Coyotes and bob cats live on them..as well as the hawks..Squirrel is good small game hunting in the swamp..but like my man said..deer hunters will be a little ticked off...and some get crazy..the reason I don't hunt Sat. and Sundays..

I now use a 270 for hogs...they drop instantly...In the swamp { For deer} I use buckshot 3 inch magnum...I hunt the THICK stuff..dropped everyone so far in it's tracks..by the Grace of God..never boast...every gift comes from God...For open range I use a 270 and for still hunting/ walking slowly through an area a 30-30

Also as my man said...hogs are not free...I heard many last season and saw zero...they are very smart..

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-16-2019 at 09:09 PM.