HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alaska DIY Brown Bear - Papa Bear Adv.
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:04 AM
akhi5676
Banned

Default Alaska DIY Brown Bear - Papa Bear Adv.

Hey guys, thought i would drop a line and see if anyone has done fly-in/drop hunts with papa bear adventures/steve powers. After a successful moose hunt a couple family members had (4 bulls, and a black bear) last year with steve, we decided to set up another hunt the following year/2017. We will have 3 brown bear tags, moose tag and a caribou tag. This is going to be a dream hunt. We have talked to alot of references steve has provided and they have all been nothing but great. steve runs a top notch very professional outfit! We will be flying out of bethal and have it narrowed down to a few places in the klak lake area. Anyone have any experience with brown brear in AK/Papa Bear Adv/ ect.. ?

There will be 4 of us. My sister in law(AK resident), my bro in law, a rancher buddy from back home, and myself. The hunt will be mid sept-late sept. All the guys we have spoke to had mentioned alot of bears were shot under 100 yrds via rifle. I plan on bringing my bow while we will have 2 more rifles.. again, brown bear with a bow. DREAMHUNT

When we return i will be heading to NM for an elk hunt. 2017 should be epic