HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paper Patching Tip
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Lewis, looking at that tucked tail method, I just had a brain storm (or brain fart) but I wonder if you tucked the tail like that then used those binder reinforcement rings to hold the tuck in place? It would definitely hold the tuck in place.
If that works, I just post a few pics and or a video on it.
Bronko, i can’t picture the reinforcement binder rings you speak of here? I am interested to see what they look like?

One BIG Downside to this Tail “Tucking” method is it increases the Chances of pushing a Bullet Through the Paper Jacket while Loading, i have actually done that, more than 1 time. Bullet Fit becomes more important, They Can NOT fit to tight.

As I’ve said before, 1 of the Tips that Lee Shaver’s Gave me was on Bullet Bases, He explained the importance of a SHARP Bullet Base, and to except NOTHING less since the Base is what actually Steers the Bullet.

How is this for Sharp Bullet Bases? These are the BACO .444-400s that i shoot SO WELL. I pushed 1 of these through the Paper Jacket 1 time, you can see how easy that could happen here, These Bases are KNIFE Sharp. I had to tinker to Combat this Problem, in which i solved

Last edited by Idaholewis; 08-14-2019 at 06:24 PM.