HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for lease in Pa
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:14 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chris76
I live in Bald Eagle but will drive a hour or longer if I find one. Yes I have checked the web sites out and I have contacted one of them. They are going to get back with me. They said there is a group ahead of me and I took my son to state game lands last year and it wasn’t good. Orange everywhere and then when I finally found a spot we sat down and set up and a half hour later some guy said he hunts that area I have to move. I said it’s open to the public but he got pretty aggressive so I took my son and left. If my son wasn’t with me it wouldn’t have turned out so good. Guy was very rude. So that’s why I am looking to find a nice safe place for me and my son.
well sorry you had a bad experience on game lands, but it does happen and sadly it even happens on private lands your SUPPOSED to have to yourself
couldn;t tell you how many times over the yrs I had folks trespass on opening day or in hunting season adn get smart mouthed with me as if they owned the place when they had zero rights to be there
this type of person is sadly out there, so JUST cause your on a lease, or again private lands, doesn't stop these idiots sadly!
but it does lower the odds, I guess(I can disagree on one farm I managed it was ALL the time deal there and always new idiots too)
another thing you can try is placing an add on your local craigslist, and or local new's paper
or even if your a church goer, many times at church they have bulletin boards you can place a add and get some tips or leads, to either a lease or private land access!

its also still possible to get permission the old fashion way too by traveling area's you have interest and knocking on doors and asking, just saying, that isn't over YET
some folks still allow it to happen and give you better odds of not having a bad experience/run in again too!
a lot comes down to your approach at times too, and or any offers to LEASE
many farmers still like to get help and in exchange for hunting access
just don't wait too long, prime time busy time for farmers is FAST approaching with harvest times closing in!
Good luck