HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - summer
Thread: summer
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:10 PM
snowbank
Spike

Default summer

Just thought I would share. I know many of you are planning your fall hunts. This is the time of the year that drives my reason for elk hunting. Every day I cut and bale hay. Every night my fuzzy friends poop on the windrows, wrestle the bales, and just plain break the bales - eat some- then. smear the bale across the field. One year four of them ate an entire haystack. I reload shells and buy fireworks just so they know I appreciate them every day during the summer.

When the last bale goes in the barn the roles reverse. By then the elk have started the fall migration and have moved lower and to to the north slopes where the grass is tender and the temps are cool. My drive is not trophies and adventure like many of you but the burning need for revenge. No hill to high; no canyon too deep; no snow too deep and no temps too cold for 35 days of hell and torture to pay those thieving fuzzballs back.

Hope you are all successful and know that behind every elk is a very grumpy rancher that doesn't appreciate the elk the same way you do.