HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fishing Tips..
Thread: Fishing Tips..
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

The Early Morning Bite.

You only got about 1 hour MAX you want to cover a lot of water fast...leave the rubber worm for later..

In pads with heavy structure I use a Horny Toad,,top-water..the easiest top-water lure to set the hook..You fish it weedless..the bass don't feel the hook..after about 1 second..set the hook straight up and hard..I use braid for this lure.

But fishing in pits around islands and cat tails and grass..I use a weedless spinner-bait..There are 3 mayor blades..Colorado , Indiana, Willow..Our water is murky so I use the Colorado..gives off more vibration..worked real good last week..FISH IT VERY SLOW..just enough to turn the blade...Willow is for clear water and Indiana in between the two.

Later when I fish a worm ..in open water,,,10 lb Trilene works great if the drag is set properly..In heavy structure I use Trilene 17 lb test clear mono/..I atached the line to my spring scale on a tree,,,I locked my drag down all the way and could not break that line...when on a rod. Was using a Skeet Reese worm and jig rod.Always match the color of the worm with the water color..I order Green Pumpkin Zoom U tails from bass pro..I cant find that color anywhere..and a light bullet sinker unless I'm learning the bottom structure then I use a 3/16th ounce Tungsten..looking for rock beds..
I fish in an old 750 acre phosphate pit..Phosphate is used in making fertilizer..Bass as big as 15 pounds been taken from here..some holes are 33 feet deep.