HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Archery Mule Deer Idaho
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:02 AM
RabidSniper308
Spike

Default Archery Mule Deer Idaho

In just over a month Ill be making my first trip West. I am building points for other states/units but this year to cut my teeth im starting with an OTC Idaho archery mule deer hunt. Ive spent 20+ hours scouring property boundary maps, google earth, forums, reports, you name it. I will be driving up from Salt Lake City and am open to hunt anywhere from Unit 76 to Unit 46 and anywhere in between. It seems most known areas get hammered with pressure so Ive been leaning towards areas with less success ratios and less information available, assuming that means less internet researchers will be there. My biggest question is targeting mule deer a wise decision considering the previous 2 winters? Would I be better off getting an elk tag? And I hear mention of snakes on multiple occasions, how worried do I need to be in mid September of snakes? Particularly Units 49, 52, 52A, 57 and 73 are the units ive started to examine very closely. Any information or tips, places to avoid, etc. would be greatly appreciated through PM. If anyone wants to meet up I would also consider that also as im a die-hard hunter and always looking to make new hunting buddies, I'm going to be hunting solo. Thank you