HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 700 .300 Win Mag
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 03:20 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Default Remington 700 .300 Win Mag

I ended up trading my 6.5 Creedmoor for a .300 Win Mag, I couldn’t get the 6.5 Bug, i own a 7MM-08, and a .308, I have all bases well covered with the 7-08, The Little Creedmoor felt like a Waste of Powder and Time to me

Anyway, I made the Trade, We traded Rifles, and Loading Dies, The .300 Was Brand new unfired. The very first thing i did was Order a Bix’N Andy 2 Stage Ball Bearing Trigger and installed it, These Bix Triggers are UNREAL!! I have owned a BUNCH of Timney’s over the years, and 1 Triggertech “Special” edition, They are Not even CLOSE to the same league as these Bix Triggers

My new .300 Win Mag is a Shooter! She’s Also a BRUTAL Recoiler, on the edge of NOT fun! When i Hang in and do my part, the Rifle lays them right in there A rifle that kicks this Hard can cause problems if you shoot them a lot (Flinching) These are my Handloads of Course (I don’t shoot ANY factory ammo) My bullets are seated .035 Off the Lands, They fit in the Magazine Great, and Function Flawlessly.

180 Grain Load, My Cold clean Bore here was a COMPLETE Clean, Full copper removal

165 Grain Load, 5 Shots made 1 Ragged Hole, No complaints here

Chronogaph Data, 5 Shot average with the 165s