HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where do people get the idea that they need more power
Old 07-29-2019, 08:28 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

just look t how many folks hunt deer with large caliber rifles?
the name of the game/mind set I heard most when I had my gun shop, was bigger is better , this way if I don;t hit where I want, I still KILL IT!
even though this isn;t really true, it sure seems many folks think a BIG caliber will magically KILL a animal hit in a poor shot placement area(non vital)
some times it MIGHT< just further fills there heads with this, maybe its so they don;t have to practice shooting as much, as they think the caliber will just kill it if they HIT it!

and then there is BRAGGING rights
cannot tell you how many folks I sold BIG calibers too, just so they could say they had ONE!
as if it some how made them more manly!

lots of reasons I guess to have what ever it is you want, some are more silly than others and well, some times, we ALL just WANT something and if having it makes one happy, have at it!
I personally would rather see hunters with calibers LARGER than needed than the other way!
then again, if all hunters were just a lot more skilled in the shooting area, maybe that wouldn;t matter as much!