HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quick question, brass vs Steel ammo?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 02:17 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
Well, that was my thought, wear. However, as you pointed out, the glock is pretty simple and reliable after thousands of rounds. The barrel would be the only think I would think could wear out faster if that were the case. What's a new one run? Can't be much
I think your missing the OP's point and NO ill intentions meant here, the OP I BELIEVE is talking about the cases NOT the bullets going down the bore!

and to be honest, your NOT going to find many STEEL jacketed bullets, and but yes they would wear on rifling faster due to hardness of the steel over brass or like most bullets are made of.

one perk maybe to a pistol over a rifle will be, velocities will be a LOT lower and thus wear will be a lot less!

pretty hard to wear out a pistol, barrel, I have a few Glocks in 9 mm that have over a 100,000 round out of them and bores still look OK(were range guns shot for many many yrs) However, rest of gun has more wear and tear on them LOL
Hammered a few nails with them too HAHA!
but they still work reliably and shoot about as well as t they did new, nothing special, but always go BOOM when you ask them to!