HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fishing Tips..
Thread: Fishing Tips..
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Fishing Tips..

Please feel free to add your own fishing tips..

. If you want more bass bites while pitching {Pitching is tossing a rubber bait along the shoreline } tedious but can cover alot of ground...and there is always something on the shore line.

A. most use a 1/4 ounce weight ..I use a 1/16th ounce weight and spray paint my bullet sinkers red. {The reason almost every lure has a red dot..red makes bass aggressive." light weight makes sinking worm look more realistic...slowly falling down...and wait a few seconds...some will charge in and stare a couple seconds..I use to keep bass in a big fish tank and observe them.

B. most use 17 lb test on the shore line..I use 10 Fish can see your line..and are easily spooked.

C. I pitch with a straight tail Zoom Trick Worm black...keeps the line from kinking so much...I generally match the worm color with the water color..but black is always ok. If i'm casting..I throw Green Pumpkin U Tail Zoom...3/16th Tungsten.{ I want to feel the bottom structure}

D. I use a 4mm glass rattle in the worm..the line on the bass's side is called the lateral line and is there to pick up sound..

E. Pitch where the shoreline is at least 3 foot deep and is bordered by eel grass, trees, stumps etc.

F. Pitch on the shady side..bass use shade for ambushing.

G. set the hook straight up ...not side ways..you'll catch more fish..

I got this 6 lb 24 incher last week...

Use improved clinch knot for mono..
When flipping serious thick soup I use braid and use the snell knot...causing hook to go straight up in fishes mouth {Warning...line other than braid...the snell usually will not hold} I used to use Palamar for braid...Snell will get you many more fish out of heavy cover and I use a harder hook in thick cover.Gamakatsu 3 or 4 /0 NOTE must be braid for the Snell not or you may get broke off EASILY I will use the Snell Knot with 17 lb florocarbon..that works too,

Tight Lines...will be fishing this morning...I go twice a week..Full moon today,,,should be decent.{-;
Attached Images  

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-15-2019 at 09:18 PM.