HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of having my own broadheads made
Old 07-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

I am not gonna argue back n forth here, Just speak my mind and move on. I side with bronko22000 above 100%!! He knows what he’s doing. I Shoot very similiar to what he describes (My Current setup is a 400 Grain Arrow at 305 FPS, 100 Grain SlickTrick 4 Blade Head) For Deer, Black Bear, and Elk. I have been Bow hunting for over 30 Years, Mostly Deer, But i have Killed all 3. Most of my Kills have been Complete pass Through’s. I lost 1 animal, Which was COMPLETELY my fault, i made a Bad decision on a Straight on Frontal Shot, I have to live with that, Had i of waited for a Broadside Shot, There is No doubt in my mind that my Arrow would have Zipped Through, Or at least penetrated Through the Vitals Killing the Animal like they have on Everything else i have Shot. Shot Placement is Key, Regardless of Arrow/Bullet Weight (To a common sense degree of course). There is nothing little about a 400 Grain Arrow. Put the projectile of Choice where the Critter lives, And it Dies.

If i planned to Hunt The Largest of Large species on the Dark Continent i would probably shoot a little heavier Arrow, and Draw weight, but not much Speed in Archery is an Awesome, and Deadly thing.