HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - German jagdterrier
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 05:11 AM
Idaholewis
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stand watie
54bore; MudderChuck,

Despite the TRUTH in your posts & other, what chance do you believe a Jagt terrier would have against a 125KG Russian-Domestic hybrid boar.
One of the biggest problems with the Jagd and larger Game is it’s smaller size, 25-30 pounds would be a BIG Jagd, About 15-25 Pounds being the most realistic. They have the Guts/Grit/Game, But Their Size is against them. Back when i had my Female i knew a Guy in BC (Wolf Diechel) he owned a little Male he called “Fin” Fin was a Bear and Cat dog (Cougar, Bobcat) He would Tree a Cat just like a Hound. Fin was also a good Bear Dog, He was 1 of the Few Jagds that i knew of that had the Sense to back out in BAD trouble, My Little Female would have BOILED in and LOCKED on, Which would have been the Death of her. My little Female was Killed By an American Bulldog, She was up in BC at a Friends (Man i got her From) to be Bred to his Male. He also had some American Bulldogs he used as “Catch dogs” Somehow my Little Female escaped her Kennel (likely climbed out) She got in a Fight with the Bulldogs through a fence (100 plus pound Dogs) She was Pulled Through the Chain link Fence. I cannot speak for all Jagdterriers, But the ones i was around were BRUTALLY Tough, Gamey Little Dogs, They were simply to Game/Tough for their own Good on Larger Game. I have heard of others that have used them for Big Game with good luck, A Government Hunter in Montana used 1 as Coyote Decoy Dog, That would have been Murder on my Little Dog. I believe you would go through a LOT of Jagds to find 1 that fit your Wants/Needs, And be prepared for a LOT of Vet Visits Unless you do your Own.

Wolf Diechel and “Riot” “Riot” Was a 1 Dog Bear Dog, He was a RARE Jagd in my experience/opinion

Wolf Diechel’s “Finn” Treeing a Cougar

My Little Female