HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Equipment
Thread: Equipment
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Hultage
Spike

Originally Posted by Hultage
This thread is something useful, not a bad idea to bring it back to life.
The trick is using a combination of thrift stores, buying during the sales and listening to the recommendations from people that you trust. I don't think there is much point in being loyal to just one brand/place to buy your gear. For example, you can compare the jackets of different brands at places where I did. It's the reason why I had the idea to buy myself a "StormKloth Men's Hereford Tweed Jacket" served me quite well. Made out of wool. I read up about it and other at places I trust. Now, to get back to talking about jackets, I really do recommend buying a good wool jacket. My friend saw one good coat for sale recently and bought it immediately because he needed one for the season. He bought an XL but when he put it on, it was more like an XXL which obviously disappointed him. After requesting a return/exchange he received the new L size coat before the 2X had even been picked up. What I am trying to say is - unless you are looking to wear layers underneath-size down as a rule. And as thick as this coat is thanks to it being 100% wool fabric, I don't think anyone will put many layers/undershirts under it. But overall it was worth the wait and money and he were quite happy with his purchase. Fitting is important, invest in it, no matter the brand. Also, as you probably know the sizes of different brands differ.
Something came to mind not so recently. that is important and I forgot to mention. As I said I think there are many options to look at, choosing where you want to buy your gear is quite important. Besides Amazon, I sometimes look up my favourite sites like http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-wool-hunting-jackets If I find something worth my money and time I can grab something from craigslist, only if I am sure that the seller is trustworthy of course.

Last edited by Hultage; 06-04-2019 at 02:43 AM.