HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Turkey Hunting Memory
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Arrowmaster
Super Moderator

I have so many memories of my turkey hunts. I have to say that it has to be the hardest turkey Ive ever hunted. Myself and my turkey hunting buddy Ed seen this tom with 2 hens in the evening in a field we could hunt. ED killed a tom earlier in the season. So we set up the blind at the south end of the field. He would was to the north of us with the hens. So the next evening we set up at the north end of the field and he was at the south end of the field. This went on for 2 weeks every evening. We tried swapping it up, but every time that tom with his hens beat us. So with 1 day and an evening left in the season we found ourselves watching this tom and his hens in the south end of the field why we were to the north. It was getting late in the evening that day and a deer walked out in the field not 50 yards from us. Well it blew at us. So the hens and the tom walk in the woods to the north. I then told Ed I want to be in the north end tomorrow morning. So last day early in the morning we set up. Fly down time came and not a peep of him. So 5 minutes later here comes his hens to the field 10 yards away. A minute later I heard him brushing the blind while he went into the field in full strut. I let him get 10 yards away and made him come out of full strut. Once he did he got it hammered.