HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Rangefinder is good for deer hunting?
Old 05-27-2019, 08:13 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

I don't own any of the models you've listed but I do have an older Bushnell Yardage Pro Compact 800 that I got 2nd hand about 15-20 years ago. It has held up and I've only changed the batteries once so I can't complain about its' durability. On shortcomings, it doesn't range anything at 800 yards, not even houses. I can range trees at 500 yards or so and deer around 250 yards or so. I rifle hunt and the area where I hunt has lots of trees and brush so most shot opportunities are 200-250 yards or less. At some point, I plan on upgrading to a longer distance rangefinder but that would be getting into something I want versus what I have is all I need for most of the local hunting I do. Since you're in Florida, I'm assuming most of your hunting involves a lot of trees and brush with shots at shorter distances like mine. If that's the case, you can probably get by with just about any rangefinder you choose and save some money.