HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's been a weird yr in Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:41 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Jake I tried to upload. I'm old and it's far too slow.
just need laptop time.

Hey and thanks all.
My success
I scout a ton. I then will sit high traffic areas.
I may get gobbled at and I may not. But being in high Turkey sign areas is the key.
My other success. There are areas that consistently produce. Remember them. As long as the habitat stays the same, all is good.
I have shot a few from this 80. But the last few years it has been alfalfa. Last year corn again. So I sat that cut field. Last yrs corn fields are a Turkey magnet for me.
I.)saw birds 2 times over the course of a few weeks in theses fields this yr. So sat one morning as I was late getting up and it was close. 50 minutes later i was done.
With 5 days left and two new hunters to take out it does look promissing. I have several areas i haven't hit yet.
I have one young man, who only has Monday morning. I found a herd of 15 Jakes!

I have another i saw him the other day. He got close but if his hen wont come to him, he loses interest. So I'll come to him.
I'll be in his lap once he hits that field edge. I know his travel route.
It's been a fun, frustrating year following these birds throughout this state if Wisconsin. I learned a ton. So oay attention to your successes. And learn from your failures. And dont be afraid to hunt out of the box.

JW

Last edited by JW; 05-24-2019 at 05:02 AM.