HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hay bale blinds
Thread: Hay bale blinds
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 01:18 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
mrbb, did you even read my entire OP or just see "hay bale blind" and start your own, LOL. You would do well to re-read it and if you have input that I originally asked about, please, tell me about it.
WELL mthusker, yes I did read your post WHOLE thing
but you did NOT ever state what material you wanted to BUILD ot MAKE a blind out of, so that could have meant using a HAY for the project, be it entirely OUT of HAY, and or to coat the structure
and YES I have hunted out of TONS of blinds, both build by individuals(including me)(, and commercial blind, that have been MADE to look like hay bails and made of again HAY bails
SO< maybe you should not be so quick to think someone that was TRYING to help you, is WRONG!

as for again HELPING you
the materials you can use are endless, and with that being said, so are the costs then, so unless you ask about certain materials , there is NO way to honestly answer you on HOW thing hold up, as its a unknown variable ??

they can be as simple as you like or as expensive as you wish
a GOOD heavy duty blind will NOT blow over in the wind either, staking it down is your option though
my last blind I made out of all pressure treated wood and structure screws!
it cost me about a grand to make, weighted in at over 1,000 lbs and wasn't being blown over by winds even in MT(which I have spend a LOT of time in too by the way)

I have personally BUILT about 25+ blinds in the past 10 yrs, so I have some honest experience in building them,
I personally know the folks that make some commercial blinds that are sold across the USA, and have again hunted out of several dozen or more over the yrs, in many states and in Canada as well!
so, what do I know??

ignorance is Bliss so, I will not expect much of appreciation from you in my trying to help you!

Last edited by mrbb; 04-30-2019 at 01:25 PM.