HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not sure about this year.
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 01:49 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well I can sort of relate, a few yrs back I hit like a wall on my desire to hunt
had a ton of things go south in my life, lost a few of my fav places to hunt when the land owners died, spent 20 yrs building a hunting property and 2 days before the final paperwork was to be signed over to me fully finally after a long rent to own deal, owner also passed away, and that turned into a minor law suit over the land, which I sadly ended up loosing it, my main job after almost 25 yrs, decided to leave the USA while I was out of work on a on the job back injury, and my best friend and best hunting partner my dog had to be put down due to some cancer tumors that popped up out of the blue!
Sucked the wind right out of me and my desire to hunt again
I was always fine hunting alone, but, some how I just lost desire in ME hunting, which I found I enjoy more now helping others get into and find new places to hunt
so, rather than ME hunting, I enjoy seeing others do it

I still spend a bunch of time in the outdoors, still enjoy looking for sheds and scouting deer and wildlife, but I have not hunted myself in a yr or two now
and honestly its been a nice break, never ever in my life thought I would NOT be out on opening day of deer, but some how I didn;t even mind it at all the first time I ever missed it
I did actually drive about and check on friends and even public lands to see others enjoying it!

a;most 30 yrs of hunting 3+ months a yr in several states a yr, I think I got burnt out and then add in all the above and more hits, and not hard to loose one's desire to hunt, even when you were a DIE hard hunter !

SO< way I see it, you DON"T have to hunt to enjoy hunting
and if your NOT enjoying hunting, DON"T do it, find joy in something else you DO enjoy

I have gone out and called in turkeys for NO reason other then to enjoy it, NO weapon needed nor a kill to make me feel happy !
also enjoy taking a camera with me and not a gun these days too!
a nice quiet walk in the woods is still one of my fav things to do, and can do them all yr round, NO hunting season needed to go and enjoy them!