HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifles in Illinois
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 08:36 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
hunter's life I see you avoided all my questions. Try again. A few drives and views here and there mean nothing. Analysis of P&Y numbers reported in states with rifles in the rut tell the tale. Study Michigan for an obvious example. Classic habitat that should produce record book bucks but does not due to horrendous management. I've hunted the states I mentioned both before and after their bad management decisions. Over widespread geographic areas The differences were very significant on public land. I completely quit going to Kansas after what I saw, and would for Illinois as well if I didn't own a LL there.

mrbb - Totally wrong here's your obvious reason why deer quality in Alabama sucks and all their trophy hunters are in Illinois with OTC tags come November. Not sure how anyone in their right mind could argue with this!Archery or SpearOct. 15-Feb. 10**FirearmsNov. 18-Feb. 10** (Hellooooooo....................Is there anybody home???)Dog Hunting, Where AllowedNov. 17-Jan. 15**Special Muzzleloader and Air RifleNov. 12-16
see I think your major problem is you just want a state to manage for trophy hunting and this will NEVER ever happen
and your still missing my point, there have been MORE P&Y and B&C bucks in Alabama in the past decade due to FOLKS taking things into there own hands and managing for them sized deer, and they have been able to do so with much poor genetic'
s than what ALL them BIG states you listed r=that are known to produce trophy bucks, your also missing the point, of how rifle hunting has NOT HURT Alabama with its better quality bucks NOW than ever for more hunters there
so again YOU logic doesn't work

your a guy that doesn't have the land to GROW big bucks on and wants to MAKE the state how em for you, you don't seem to want to spend the time or effort into finding places that have better control over things so you can get them trophy's you seem to need to have to be consider worth hunting?
as there ARE folks in EVERY state that kill big bucks there every yr!, they do there part, and work for them and produce them thru there efforts,
maybe put some more effort into things and you won't have to cry about a rifle being used , as a reason you feel the states no longer worth hunting!

also hate to also bust your bubble, but all these NON residents I gather your not too fond of, pay MOST of a game dept's costs for the yr, over residents lic fee's

look into this and maybe you'll find something new out!

NOW add in all them BIG states you claim got ruined by state management, your also missing out on the fact STATE wide, NOT just where you go
farms are being lost at a scary rate across the USA, and them farm are also what used to MAKE them BIG bucks, by allowing more room to feed and survive yr to yr!

again, NO state is going to manage deer herds JUST for trophy's in a whole
MOST hunters are NOT trophy hunters, in case you don't know this!
majority win's in state management's plans and goals!

again, maybe just BUY your own land and manage it as you wish and MAKE them trophy bucks you seem to need to feel worth hinting!
don't be blaming a tool for your lack of ability to find big bucks, that's just silly
as again ever state that has rifles in used, hunters kill BIG bucks yr after yr!
maybe your not skilled enough to do so, but its NOT a rifles fault!
and a state management system is never perfect nor will be, due to too many environmental issues beyond there control
they will ALWAYS manage for the majority of hunters, NOT trophy hunters!