HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifles in Illinois
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Sorry...........not buying it. Where in Iowa have you hunted? When? Where and when did you hunt Indiana, Illinois & Kansas? Specifically. Please share.

I have seen first hand what bad management has done to these states. If you think quality has not degraded in IN, IL & KS over the last 30 years you have not hunted there. No question about that. It has extremely little to do with loss of habitat. These are rust belt states. Illinois has actually led the nation in population loss the last 7 years and went from the 5th highest state in population to 6th. The attached map shows my work travel area. I know a little bit about these states and their deer quality losses.

You are just plain wrong if you think special interest groups and greased politicians are qualified to make wildlife management decisions. That is exactly where these changes are coming from.

Alabama??? Is this a joke? You know how many P&Y bucks have been taken there in the last 10 years? 90% of the AL hunters are in Illinois in November. And that is to hunt bad public land. Should tell you all you need to know.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Zim; 04-09-2019 at 04:30 AM.