HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alberta Options
Thread: Alberta Options
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 10:49 AM
Alberta4trophies
Spike

Unfortunately, it doesn't let me post the url to the website here. I don't have enough posts yet, but you can search: My wild Alberta for the same info belowNon-resident aliens hunting with a hunter host may obtain licenses from private licence issuers for:
  • Antlered White-Tailed Deer
  • Antlered Mule Deer
  • Antlered Moose
  • Antlered Elk
  • Black Bear Special Licences
  • Wolf/Coyote
A Hunter Host
  • Must be an adult resident, and be eligible to hold recreational hunting licences.
  • Must be the holder of a valid WIN and Hunter Host Licence (below).
  • may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept remuneration, directly or indirectly, for such services.
  • may host a maximum of two (2) hunters/year, either Non-residents (Canadian), Non-resident Aliens or a combination thereof. If hosting 2 Non-resident Aliens, at least 1 must be a relative.
  • may host Non-resident Aliens only if the host has not hosted a Non-resident Alien in the previous two (2) fiscal years (April 1 to March 31).
  • must report to the Fish and Wildlife office by December 31 in the year of harvest all hunting activities by the Non-resident Aliens he or she hosted. A report must be submitted even if the hunter doesn’t harvest an animal.
  • must accompany the hunter(s) named on his or her Hunter Host Licence while they are hunting big game under the authority of the Hunter Host Licence.

I copied all of this from the government website. Seems to me that, I can host one american every three years. I have never hosted before so i should be good to go.