HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for New Boots and Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 05:48 PM
MikesCustomLures
Spike

As amusing as this was to read through the pages of posts my thread created, it obviously did not serve its purpose like so many posts here. While I have witnessed a friend's calf get spurred by a "dead" turkey with my own two eyes, the topic of turkey hunting never came up in my original post. As a matter of fact, I went as far as mentioning the game I'd be hunting to try to stop this kind of nit picking from starting.

While Jake and I didn't start this thread off on the best note, I'm glad he stepped in at the end to try to get it back on track. It looks like no one was interested in that. Some people seem to wade these posts looking for a fight.

One person in particular on this post seems to watch my posts, and every single time his posts are about something I've specifically asked to avoid. One of my posts was simply letting people know that scent control sprays expire. Just some information I gathered from the manufacturers and thought I'd share with those who use it. I didn't ask for your methods of deer hunting. I'm sure you've killed four thousand deer while smoking a cigarette, wearing a white tshirt covered in last night's beer stains. Don't care. I was giving information about a product you obviously don't use, so why post a reply? I'm sure the moderators know who I'm talking about.

IF ANYONE STILL CARES: I ended up buying both pair, as I found them both on clearance. Basically I got two for one. The Alsea boots are lightweight, very waterproof, and pretty comfortable. I've noticed a spot on the outside of my left foot that is sore after wearing them, but that's obviously from the shape of my foot and not the boot. The Pronghorns are by far the more comfortable of the two. I attribute that to the wide toe box they brag about. No place on my foot touches the sides in the toe box area, so no sore spots. They're also very waterproof. But they're much heavier than the Alsea boots because they're leather. Time will tell about the longevity of the boots, but at the price I got them at it was worth the gamble. All in all, out of the box they're both good boots.