HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Bird Despite Disrespectful Hunters
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:41 AM
Erno86
Nontypical Buck

I've have had instances where hunters would come between me and the bird I'm working. Maryland game regulations have warned hunters not to do that. But I still think it's illegal to perform that misdeed in Pennsylvania. Some hunters might be deaf enough that they don't hear your hen calls, but only hear the gobbler gobbling. We have a number of shooters at our shooting range that are partially deaf.

What I do get angry about unsportsmenlike conduct during first light in the morning...is a hunter shooting roosting birds. I think that it has happened twice in the last two years on adult opening day, on public hunting land where I hunt. It occurred to me hearing the gobbler gobbling a few times, followed by a shot. I'm pretty confident that they shot at a roosting bird --- unless they just spooked it off the roost an then took a shot. Happened about two or three hundred yards away from me in the same location.

Last edited by Erno86; 03-21-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added a word