HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C Impact
Thread: T/C Impact
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 04:15 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Alex's is deadly accurate with .458 220gr lehigh cf's. Pretty sure she uses the crushed rib sabots and her final load was 90gr bh209. I put several rounds down with 100gr and it was still shooting under an inch at 100. It's too small for me but you are quite a bit shorter than I am so that shorter LOP would probably be okay for you. The cleanup is the same as any other breakopen action. Only difference in the impact is that little hood over the breech when it's in closed position. I think you will be quite pleased with the accuracy of that little rifle. The twist is 1:28
I have a wide variety of .44 cal and .45 cal bullets to try from 240 gr to 300 gr. I believe I even have a few Leigh Bloodlines I can send downrange with it. I have a half canister of BH209 to try as well as some Alliant Black MZ, T7, Pyro P and RS. I want to save my black powder for my sidelocks. I should find something she likes I'm sure. I'm just feeling around so I know where the best place to start would be. Then change things around from there until I get the best load combo for it.