HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for New Boots and Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Erno86
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
My comments were more about the ridiculousness of being worried abut being spurred by a turkey. So far as snake boos go, wear them if you like, I have wandered around in PA where we have rattlers and Copperheads, I never was too worried about snake boots, if I am snake country I am aware of it and act accordingly. Snake boots for turkeys, give me a freaking break!
Dunno bout you...but just about 95 percent of the gobblers that I've shot with a shotgun, have tried to spur me; after I stepped on the neck of the downed bird just after I shot him. I do it as insurance in case he's just knocked-out by a pellet --- He'll start to flap his wings on his back an go to town with them spurs --- Bout 7 years ago --- on the public hunting land where I hunt... another hunter told me he'd just seen a guy that tried to pick-up a just-shot tom by the legs. The tom raked his arms with his spurs, with copious amounts of blood spewing out & down his arms.

Or...

Have you ever heard of "chickens running around after there heads were cut-off"???

Source:

"Why do headless chickens run"

Last edited by Erno86; 03-08-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: link work