HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for New Boots and Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 05:36 AM
redmag
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Really? You are worried about a Jake or Tom spuring you? You do understand the object of turkey hunting is to shoot and kill the turkey. Additionally, I have hunted northern and southern MD, just where do you need snake boots to hunt in MD? The more you post, the more I do not believe you ever hunted a day in your life!
Oldtimer, With all due respect I must disagree with you. I wear snake boots during all my hunts here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV (bordering MD) and VA. I am not aware of anyone being spurred by a bird, but I suppose it could help. I can tell you that we have poisonous snakes where I hunt that can kill or disable you. I have walked upon coiled rattlesnakes on a couple of occasions to within 6-8 ft. while turkey hunting here. Southern WV where I have also hunted turkeys and bears you'd best be prepared for snakes as those mts. are infested with snakes. I am 72 years old and have been in the mts. since about 7 yrs. old with my dad and alone at about 11 yrs. old. I hope that your reluctance to recognize a possible need for snake boots does not come back to literally bite you in the butt some day. It only takes once and you could spend the rest of your hunting days sitting on the porch.

Last edited by redmag; 03-06-2019 at 05:41 AM. Reason: punctuation