HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for New Boots and Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 07:34 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Ditto what Jake said about the rules. Unfortunately, it's kind of human nature for many people to join and quickly post what was so important to them (reason for joining). The checkbox about following the rules was simply that--a checkbox to be filled and the membership application entered. You should see some days before mods start moderating. A few members or spammers can post the same message in multiple topics and the top page of topics is quickly filled up with lots of duplicate topics. Regular members grumble about having to wade through so many duplicate topics and rightfully so. Imagine some realtor leaving a card or flier at your front door. Then that realtor leaves 5 more fliers to make sure you see at least one. The more realtors follow suit. Pretty soon your front doorway area looks like a garbage bear upended a garbage can on your front doorway. And that's the perception and effect HNI tries to avoid by having the above rule.

I used Danner Acadia boots for years as a duty boot. The Acadia is an awesome boot. The local cobbler was able to install new soles on the boots when they wore out after a few years (you do a lot of walking on concrete, etc. in Patrol. I haven't tried the Pronghorn but it looks like a brown version of the Acadia and I would expect similar results in longevity, etc. I did buy a pair of Danner Alsea boots a few years back for deer hunting. The very back end of the boot above the heel had a rough spot that I was not able to get rid of or make work. YMMV but I would check the boots out thoroughly before the end of any return policy if you buy a pair.

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-04-2019 at 07:39 AM.