HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CWD article
Thread: CWD article
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 07:49 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Default CWD article

https://www.foxnews.com/health/deadly-zombie-deer-disease-could-possibly-spread-to-humans-experts-warn.amp

There's really not any new information here or anything with any substance. But do you think about it at all? Or just keep on hunting and doing what you've always done?

It would require an entire lifestyle change for my family to get off venison. We typically put away 6 deer a year. Plus in recent years wild hog and elk.

We eat it all year, several times a week. I pack it to work in my lunches. Even make hot dogs for the kids and for summer fires. Breakfast sausage, burgers, roasts, steaks, ground for tacos, hamburger helper, chili,... We're a family that actually lives off venison. And we have since I was a young child. One of my earliest memories is of deer hanging in Dad's garage.

But what do you do with the cwd info that's available to us? Primarily the lack of info- they just don't know.

I suppose the same risk could exist for any type of food you buy.

I'm gonna feel awful bad if my three kids have problems in the future from eating venison. I don't care about myself. But wouldn't want to hurt my kids.

-Jake