HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wyoming Elk/Antelope - The Draw
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Iowawhitetail2016
Spike

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
I was curious so I watched your antelope license drawing video. Personally I think it is pretty bold to give advice with the very limited actual experience you have, but everything considered I think you did you did a decent job. It is tough to try to explain everything about choosing a unit and applying for licenses in a few short minutes. I certainly could not explain everything any better in that limited amount of time.

Randy Newberg does well at explaining the process and Wyoming Game and Fish is putting out their own videos now. People interested in hunting Wyoming would be well advised to take time and explore the WGFD web site.
Thank you for the feedback! I don't consider myself an expert on hunting antelope in Wyoming but I've had very good success and have helped many other people have success. Hopefully the trend continues in the future, but I'm going to be working for a reputable outfitter this fall in Colorado for elk which means I won't have much time to help friends/family/youth on these types of hunts in Wyoming and I'm always getting questions.

I've been 20/20 successful antelope hunts (including bringing a youth hunter to Wyoming to hunt doe antelope) since the video I've shot seven antelope total now. I don't plan on hunting antelope for myself any more and would rather bring people out (friends/family/youth). I brought six people out antelope hunting this fall (helped fifteen+ via information/drawing) and all of them were successful the first day of the hunt (rifle).

I figured these videos would help people who were curious about hunting Elk/Antelope (that message me) and always ask me "How do I get started?" or "What area do you recommend?"